-Badam / Almond – 2 cups
-Ghee – 4 to 8 tablespoons
-Sugar – 2 1/2 cup
-milk – 1/2 to 1 cup
-Saffron – a generous pinch(optional)
-Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp.
-Yellow/orange food color
1. Soak badam in water for 5 hours.
2. cook the soaked badam in Microwave oven for 3 min( when pressed slightly with your forefinger and index finger, pops out.)
3. Peel all the skin of almonds in the same manner.
4. Grind sugar In a mixie
5. In a mixie, add milk just enough to cover the badam.
6. Grind to a coarse paste (not too fine).
7. In a non-stick pan, add 4 tablespoons of ghee, ground mixture and sugar.
8. Mix well and when it starts to boil add the saffron (optional) .
9. Stir continuously…. Non -stop stirring is essential. Add the remaining ghee now.
10. If using food colour add it now. Mixture starts thickening.
11. When ghee oozes out, add a pinch of cardamom powder. The mixture is not sticking anymore.
12. Transfer it to a bowl.
for recipes in simple cooking steps with youtube lesson