gulab jamun instant mix(priya) – 1
sugar – 4 cup
cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
The syrup should be made earlier and kept warm. To make the hot sugar syrup add mix the 4 cups of sugar to 4 cup of water. Add 1/2 tsp cardamom powder or 4-5 cardamom pods. Mix with a spoon and then heat at medium heat for 5-10 minutes until sugar is all dissolved in water. Do not overheat, that will caramelize the sugar.
- Make the soft dough by adding 100 ml water into the instant mix.
- Divide the dough into 18-20 portions. Make balls by gently rolling each portion between your palms into a smooth ball.
- Heat the oil on high and then lower the heat to medium. Slip in the balls into the hot oil from the side of the pan, one by one. They will sink to the bottom of the pan. The Gulab Jamuns will rise slowly to the top.( The balls must be fried very slowly under medium temperatures. This will ensure complete cooking from inside and even browning.)
- Add the fried gulab jamuns directly into the warm syrup.
- Leave gulab jamun balls in sugar syrup for atleast 6 hrs, for best results keep it for 12 Hrs.
- If the temperature of the oil is too high then the gulab jamuns will tend to break. So adjust the temperature to ensure that the gulab jamuns do not break or cook too quickly.
- If you dont have instant mx . you can follow the below recipe for instax mix
- Milk Powder – 1 cup
- All purpose flour/ Bisquick – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda -1/2 tsp
for recipes in simple cooking steps with youtube lesson