This is not a common sweet, but a unique dish from south TamilNadu’s tea stalls. People in that area have it with tea just like a cake, because of its lesser sweet nature. Almost all the tea stalls / coffee shops in Tirunelveli and Tuticorin sell this sweet Bonda. They call it as ‘Attukal paniyaram / cake ‘ as well as ‘Muttai kose’.
All purpose flour – 2 cup
sugar- 1 cup
egg – 2
Baking soda – 2 tsp
salt – 1/4 tsp
Oil – for deep frying
- Mix sugar,maida/all purpose flour, salt, baking soda well in a dry state.
- Then add egg and mix well.
- The dough should not be too thick.
- keep it aside for 15 min.
- Make big balls (in the size of a big lemon / small orange) .
- Drop the balls into the medium hot oil and fry them in medium heat till the outside becomes brown.
- Sweet bonda is ready!
Serve with hot tea .
for recipes in simple cooking steps with youtube lesson