For the pieces
Milk Powder – 1 cup
Egg – 1
Backing powder -1 tsp
For the liquid base
Whole cream milk – 4 cups
Sugar – 2 cups
Crushed cardamom – 3
You can use other flavoring of choice like rosewater, pistachios, almonds, saffron, etc.
- Mix the egg and the milk powder together to form a thick, sticky dough-like mass. Divide into lemon sized balls and flatten gently on palms. If too sticky, dampen palms. Lay these flattened pieces without overlapping, on a tray.
- Heat a wide bottomed pan and bring the milk to boil and add sugar too. Once it starts boiling, bring the heat to sim and gently, very gently, add the milk powder-egg discs to this.
- You don’t need to mix or stir much, but be careful to give the discs enough space from each other in the liquid. They will expand a bit when they start cooking.
- After about 10 mins, add the crushed cardamom & pistachios and. Let it cook for another 10 mins.
- When the pieces have expanded considerably and seem soft and cooked through (take out once piece, break and check inside if the dough is still sticky), remove from fire.
- Chill before serving.
for recipes in simple cooking steps with youtube lesson