Raw Rice Flour -5 cups
Urad Dal flour -1 cup
Butter/crisco – 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds / white or black sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
Asafoetida (Zinc)- 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Mix the rice flour with the salt, hing,Cumin Seeds,zinc and urad dal flour. Mix
gently with fingertips until it represents coarse sand.
- Add the water little by little until the dough is pliable. – Nor too tight nor
loose( add butter/crisco too).
- Take the Murukku press & fill with enough mixture without pressing it down too hard.
- Press the dough in a circular motion on top of a creased plate / butter paper.
- Heat the pan with enough oil to deep fry the murukku. When it’s almost smoking hot, drop the prepared raw dough in to the oil.
- Once the hissing and bubbling action subsides, you know the thenkuzhal murukku is done.
- Remove and set aside on a paper towel.
- After 10 min crsipy Thenkuzhal murukku are ready! Cool them and store them in air tight containers so that they remain crispy.
for recipes in simple cooking steps with youtube lesson